Finally, it’s Friday! Now you could make a plan to go out with friends and enjoy the weekend.
But, wait! Going for a thrilling, chilling and adventures outing. It means dirt, sun and other polluted factors are going to welcome you.
When you move outside, you want to look fresh all the time.
The way you look, the way your skin shine, the way people gonna praise your beauty can surely make your day.
However, same does not go with people who has an oily skin.
Oily skin can be really frustrating when excess oil accumulates with sweat during summer.
Especially, in youth it’s a big issue. Teenagers and young adults are suffering from excess oil.
Every type of skin (Dry Skin, Oily Skin, Sensitive and normal Skin) has its unique features. While dry skin ends up looking dull and cracked in cold, whereas an oily skin develop acne and become ugly.
But, those with oily skin suffer the most. As oily skin is trap dirt due to the oil content which leads to the formation of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and more.
What Causes Oily Skin
Usually, the main cause of an oily skin is genetics. It is possible if your parents have oily skin than you are likely to develop oily skin as well. Besides Genetics, overuse of skin care products, seasonal variation, stress, bad eating habits and during pregnancy.
Oily skin shows itself
Oily skin is easy to spot as it shines too much, sweat comes often, larger pores, blackheads, acne scars.
But, where are the solution.
I thought, it would be helpful for you to get to know how Oily increases and what are the causes of oily skin.
Now it’s time to know the ways you can get rid of oily skin easily.
So if you are ready than I am ready.
Here are the 27 ways to get rid of oily skin under 5 minutes.
1. Luke warm water remedy
First and foremost, how you wash your skin, what type of water you are using?
Usually, we all prefer to wash our skin with cold water in summer and hot water in winter.
However, the best is Luke warm water. The warm water will open your pores of the skin and help to remove excess oil from your skin.
For this, use a cotton ball dipped in warm water and rub over your skin to remove excess oil.
2. Milk of Magnesium
Since our childhood, we heard that Milk is a complete food stuffed with benefits.
Yes! Rightfully So.
Milk is a good cleanser for your skin, as your skin will look smooth and supple after applying milk.
This trick is easy to use.
You can find magnesium milk at any pharmacy or drug store. Shake the bottle, apply a layer to wet & clean skin, and rinse it off 5 to 10 minutes later.
3. Apple Facial
An apple a day keeps doctor Away!
And Apple Facial on Skin keeps Oil away!
Another simple & useful way to get rid of oily skin.
For this, mash the apple until you have a ½ cup, now combine mashed apple with ½ cup of oatmeal, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and 1 egg white and.
Mix well as it becomes a paste. Apply the paste on your face for at least 15 minutes, and then wash your face with water.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Again its Apple, but in different form with huge benefits!
Apple cider vinegar is great way to exfoliating the skin.
Apply apple cider vinegar before going to bed. Wash it after 5-10 minutes later with water.
To see good results, repeat this for at least 3 weeks.
5. Orange Peel
Dietitians, Doctors and even your parents ask you to have fruits.
Why? Because they really know the benefits which fruits can give?
Oranges are the best when you eat and even best when you use its peel.
You can easily make a paste from orange peel and apply on oily skin. For that:
• try to make orange peel dry in sun.
• After getting dry, it is easy to make powder of orange peel.
• It is now ready to take a shape of paste after adding rose-water.
Yogurt is known as Good Luck.
Also, Yogurt is one out of many remedies for oily face as it contains lactic acid to exfoliating the skin.
Just apply 1 tbsp of yogurt over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with water.
you can try paste of 1tbsp of organic yogurt and oatmeal. Then stir in one teaspoon of warm honey.
Apply the paste and rinse it off after 10-15 minutes with warm water.
Tomatoes are great in Kitchen! Tomatoes are great for Oily Skin!
Tomatoes have cooling, clarifying and astringent properties with Vitamin C. All these ingredients are helpful for acne-prone skin.
Whereas, the oil-absorbing acids in tomatoes help get rid of excess oil.
For Using Tomatoes as skin purifier.
- Cut a tomato and rinse it on skin.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes until skin absorbs the tomato juice fully.
- Wash with cold water and apply an oil-free moisturizer.
Cucumbers are rich source of water. Water is always beneficial for health.
The high amount of Vitamin-A, Vitamin-B, Magnesium, potassium and properties like cooling, soothing and astringent are best for oily skin.
- First Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices, and rub them evenly on your face.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning.
- Do this daily before going to bed.
9. Lemon Juice
Lemon helps you maintain good shape of body and also beneficial for your skin.
You all have tasted Lemon juice. And you all know the citrus taste due to citric acid. To use Lemons for face.
- Mix 1 tsp of lemon juice with 1 ½ tsp of distilled water.
- Spread it all over the face with a cotton ball and rinse after 10 minutes with warm water.
- It can also dry out your skin, so after using lemon juice. Apply a little amount of oil-free moisturiser. Repeat this once in a day.
Eggs are source of Vitamins, Especially, Vitamin-A. Egg whites can effectively tighten up oily skin. For this purpose:
- Mix 1 Egg white and lemon juice of ½ lemons.
- Apply the mixture on your face thoroughly for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- This will soak up excess oil.
11. Honey & Almond
Honey has moisturising properties that sufficiently moisturised the skin without producing extra oil.
Honey & Almond paste can actually clear pores, acne and prevent wrinkles.
- Either tries applying a single thin layer of honey over your face for 15 minutes twice weekly.
- Or mix almonds with honey and gently massage on oily skin to remove excess oil and dead skin cells.
- Apply it for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Do this Once a week.
12. Multani Mitti
Soli Soil, yellowish in color and contains several benefits to get rid of oily skin.
When apply Multani mitti paste thoroughly on Skin. It prevents acne, oil, pores and provides natural glow.
- Make a well mix paste of multani mitti and rosewater. OR mix it with a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply this paste until it gets dry and rinse it off with warm water.
13. Oat Meals and Aloe Vera Scrub
Aloe Vera itself is like an All-rounder. You are suffering from Dengue, try Aloe Vera! You want healthy hair, try Aloe Vera! Even in case of fresh, clear and oily skin, try Aloe Vera!
You can use Aloe Vera alone for absorbing excessive oil in. For this:
- Use natural leaf of aloe vera or aloe vera gel from market.
- Apply the gel until it gets dry.
- Repeat it for 2-3 times a day.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
You may also try Oatmeal and Aloe-Vera gel. For this purpose:
- Mix the solution with rosewater.
- Apply gently on face and neck.
- Rinse it off after 15 minutes.
14. Clay Mask
Clay mask is also helpful in removing oil, dirt, dead skin cells, makeup and other impurities from the skin. And blesses you with tight pores, clean and ever glowing skin.
For using Clay Mask:
- First mix rosewater and 3 tbsp of Fuller’s Earth to form a paste.
- Now apply it for 15-20 minutes. Do this one time in a week.
- Rinse with warm water.
15. Cleansing Routine
Every time I write. I write so that people inspire. Inspire to clean face properly, Inspire to use cleansers, inspire to use right products.
Cleansing routine is also best way to make your skin oil free and glowing.
For doing this:
- Try using Mild soap at least 2 to 3 times in a day to clean the face.
- Wash your neck, hands, face properly after coming in from outside.
Try to clean the body parts which are oily in nature.
16. Uses of Astringent and Toner
It is now not hard to determine which is the best astringent and best toner for oily skin.
I have already discussed it here.
Astringents are helpful in removing dirt on the skin, whereas Toners actually closes the pores.
17. Use of Water Based Moisturiser
Gone are the days, when you have been given an advice. Dude! You have an oily skin. Stay away from moisturisers.
You may want to see my article, where I mentioned great moisturisers and creams for oily skin.
However, moving ahead. You could easily use water based moisturisers.
If you don’t have any idea. See listed products below:
18. Use Of Sunscreen
Oil on the face, Sun on the top! Perfect combo of production of quality SWEAT & Oil.
You have set your mind in this way. Yeah! I know Sun is the biggest enemy of oily skin.
But, you can easily win a fight against SUN after using sunscreen.
Using Sunscreen can protect your skin from the Sun and its effects such as formation of pimples and pores.
You can easily find cornstarch at home or here. Cornstarch actually dries up excess oil and leave behind a soft and clear skin.
- Make a paste after Mixing 2-3 tbsp cornstarch and warm water.
- Apply this paste on face.
- When it gets dry, rinse it off with lukewarm water,
- You can use it daily.
20. Baking Soda
Baking Soda, an ingredient which would increase the taste of your meal.
It is also helpful to get rid of excess oil from skin. It exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, helps in balancing pH level of skin and removes oil.
- 2 tbsp baking soda & 1 tbsp water is sufficient to make a paste.
- Apply it on face and rinse it after getting dry.
21. Diet Changes
Seriously, one of the major cause of oily skin.
What you eat? What’s your diet?
These points may seem nothing to you, but these can increase the oil production.
But Ladies & gentleman! If you really want to get rid of oily skin.
Then try to stay away from oily, fried, fatty foods.
22. Intakes of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Green vegetables! Ewww, I don’t want to have the food of animals.
If this is how you gonna behave. Then, I would say, change it soon.
And try to have fresh fruits & vegetables in place of junk foods.
23. Fluid Intakes
Our body is 71% or water. So it is essential for you to intake ample amount of water.
It is beneficial to drink water to flush out toxin and waste form skin. Also, water or fruit juice improves the blood circulation and helps in hydrating the skin.
Fluids are essential for any type of skin.
24. Avoid Carbonated Drinks
Where water and fruits are best for better blood circulation and recommended by dermatologists too.
So take fruits juice & water in place of carbonated drinks. As carbonated drinks are the main cause of pimple formation on oily skin
25. White Flour Based Food Products Should Be Avoided
C’mon, we are teenagers! We love White flour based food products! Maggie, Pasta, Macaroni and many products.
Yeah! I know, even I loved them too and still loves to have.
When I can control on my taste and mind. Why cannot you?
The main reason why I mentioned this point is only because White flour based food products comes with carbs that load up and increase the blood sugar levels and oil.
Besides having these, it is better to go with whole grain bread, brown rice or pasta.
26. Ensuring Physical Activities
Exercise & Sweat, oil and dirt out of the body.
More exercise, better blood circulation to the face.
And proper cleaning routine leads to fresh and less oily skin
27. Give Rest To Your Body
When you sleep. Sleep well.
During sleep, you become stress-free and calm. Which increases better blood circulation?
And makes your skin a smooth and oil free place.
I hope you like 27 ways to get rid of oily skin.
If you have any questions or suggestion comment below. We would be happy to hear from you.